Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Homemade Kitty Litter Facial Mask

Unscented pure 100% clay kitty litter makes an excellent facial mask! It's not gross when you think that it is simply bentonite clay, used by many high priced spas.

Take a few tablespoons of clay(litter), mix with water(or rose water), and add a bit of your favorite essential oil. I've added a bit of aloe vera gel as well for a soothing winter mask.

If this grosses you out, or you worry about the purity of commercial clay litter, you can purchase organic bentonite clay inexpensively. Mountain Rose Herbs(my favorite) has a variety of organic clays for sale.

Also see Beauty from Nature.

See more tips at Works for Me Wednesdays.

6 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Really??? Are you pulling our leg or have you really tried this? I want a pic!

:)

It's a neat and interesting tip if it really works.

Alexandra said...

No joke. I actually got this tip from Googling this "clay masks". I make a lot of my own beauty products, so I'm accustomed to using natural products - some of which are traditionally used for other purposes.

John and Lisa said...

This is amazing. I love clay masques, so I might have to try this. I might have to do it on the sly, though, I'm not sure my husband would understand putting kitty litter on my face!

Lynn said...

This really is a fascinating tip! Not that I'll be buying kitty litter just for this purpose, mind you . . . but if I had any I'd definitely be willing to give it a try. Do you have other homemade beauty recipes? I'll go poke around some more on your site. Thanks for sharing :)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Kitty litter -- Who knew?! Obviously clean out of the container not out of the cat box! ;)

Alexandra said...

Ewwww! LOL, yes, fresh litter only.